Team...we're making the move to Google! There are plenty of pros to making the move. The most important is that there has never been a 5-day outage under Google's mail. It also is a free option! We really appreciate Bro. Don for taking this on for so long, paying for this from his own pockets!
It will also allow us to be a lot more connected with many of the other tools Google will put at our fingertips. The ability to chat, host video conversations (Hangouts), and more.
What do you need to do?
Nothing!...Just kidding, there is a little for you to do.
- To begin, we will use the web-based client, Gmail.com.
- To sign in, you will use your full email address (the same RevivalTab email address you use currently) and password HopeRevival (Case-sensitive)
- After signing in, you will be prompted to change your password and complete a few other optional steps.
- Show a little patience. We've started the process, but it could take up to 72 hours before all of the email has filtered through from our previous service to the new service.
- Once you've completed these steps, you are free to download the Gmail app for your mobile devices through the App Store/Play Store, along with apps from Google like Hangouts, Drive and more! If you already have these apps for your personal use, you can add your RT account and have access to both
To use third-party clients (Mac Mail for iPhone or Mac, Calendar App, etc):
- While signed into Gmail from a desktop browser (Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, etc), click the gear icon in the upper righthand corner, and choose "Settings".
- Choose the tab labeled "Forwarding and IMAP/POP3"
- From the "IMAP Access", click "Enable IMAP"
- For Those using Apple products, go to "Settings" on your device, then "Mail, Contacts, Calendar", "Add Account", choose "Google" and enter your full RT email and then password
- For other clients or devices, follow these instructions to complete the process on your email client
At this time, DO NOT DELETE YOUR OLD EMAIL ACCOUNT OR EMAILS from your devices
The transition is complete! If you are still experiencing problems, let us know!